Thursday, July 1, 2010

Frustration Nation

So basically my friend (who shall remain nameless) left his Yellow Version at my house. Naturally, I was like "might as well check it" and turns out he's at the 5th gym. Solid effort! Problems?????? Where do I begin. Umm let's start with the lack of good Pokemon. Like REALLY. Who actually trains a Raticate? Or a Nidoking and Nidoqueen? OR A PARAS!? He did have the Pikachu (because you kind of have to) and a Charmeleon... both under lvl 30. How do you even beat the 4th Gym with an entire team under lvl 30? Or the 3rd Gym for that matter? On top of that, I couldn't go and get the Exp Share because he only had like 30 Pokemon in his Pokedex... I think you need 50? And he was BROKE. Like I mean broke broke. Like $4720 broke. Who buys 37 X Attacks?????? Who does that!? So I couldn't go and buy Pokeballs. SO, to try to FIX this team, I had to A) Go get HM 02 Fly B) Get a Bulbasaur and Squirtle (because he couldn't figure out where they were by himself) and C) Train them to where I could beat a trainer without dying after 3 seconds. But actually. Strongest Pokemon at the beginning of all of that was lvl 28. Speaking of which here it is: Charmeleon. Move Set: CUT!?!?!?!??!?! Dig, Ember and Rage. What a joke. Second best Pokemon: Lvl 21 Pikachu. Enough said. And after ALL those shenanigans, I had to train everything as to where I wouldnt get murdered by 3 wild Bellsprouts. Still in the process of recovering what seems to be a lost cause. I've poured like 6 hours of work into that file so far and it's still going nowhere. I'm thinkin of just restarting the whole game and working up from there. But I really shouldn't cuz it's not my game. But IF it were... Sigh. People should really know how to build a successful team, understand the concept of only training that team, and knowing how not to spend no scratch that. WASTE money on almost useless items. I mean really. Ugh.

A very frustrated Nick

PS: Please learn type advantages and disadvantages before you start anything. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment