Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BFF (Battle Fronteir Frustration)

So before I even start I'm just gonna apologize for making like 2 of my first 5 posts about frustration. Now to begin. The Battle Fronteir in my opinion is WONDERFUL and also extremely frustrating because it adds a different aspect to the game (leveling up doesn't help really). My strategy however is to level up Pokemon that have a high stat total (500+) because overtime those advantages will become more obvious... and cheating using TMs so your good against any type. For example, I have 6 Pokemon lvl 71 right now. Those being:

Charizard (my favorite of this team): Flamethrower, Aeriel Ace, Earthquake, Blast Burn
Heracross (type advantages actually insanely helpful): Megahorn, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Counter
Lapras (terrible move set. I'm aware): Surf, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Sheer Cold
Metagross(boom pow domination): Psychic, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Hyper Beam
Salamance(crazy strong. Terrible defense): Dragon Claw, Fly, Flamethrower (to kill annoying Ice types), Hyper Beam
Tyranitar(moves at the pace of a dead tortise): Crunch, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hyper Beam

There it is. So anyways, I finally got through the Battle Palace (the one where you don't control your Pokemon) and I lost on the FINAL POKEMON!!! Stupid Lapras. Just HAD to kill my Heracross with a critical hit and my Salamance (can't really complain i was screwed w the type matchup anyways). So I went in there with my Charizard, Heracross and Salamance. Was doing great until that Lapras showed up... with a QUICK CLAW! Crapola. Oh well. I don't really like the Battle Palace anyways. My faves are the Battle Dome, Battle Pyramid and Battle Pike. I'm indifferent to the Battle Arena and Battle Factory. HATE the Battle Tower and I already mentioned the Battle Palace. Grr. Anyways, I'm thinking of getting an Electric type in my team so I can slay Spencer (the Battle Palace dude of annoyingness). Problem is, my closest is a Raichu lvl 68 (NOT A GOOD POKEMON TO USE) or I could try my Magneton lvl 74 but that would require training 6 Pokemon 3 levels each. Can you say Elite Four for like 4 hours??? I mean other than those 6 Pokemon, I have a Blaziken, Swampert and Magneton all level 74, then a Raichu lvl 68 and a pathetic Alakazam lvl 62. The closest Pokemon I have other than that are like a Blastoise lvl 66 in my FireRed game and an Arcanine lvl 64 (also in FireRed).

(just in case you were curious)
Blastoise (holy amazingness on steroids): Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Hydro Cannon
Arcanine (needs some TMs to make up for the HORRIBLE move set. I'm thinkin of using Aeriel Ace and or Iron Tail... maybe Overheat???): Flamethrower, Take Down, Extremespeed, Agility

I'm just sayin it is SO annoying once you finally get through the Battle whatever enough times to fight the Brain and you LOSE!!! Or when your like 2 stages/levels/trainers away from fighting them and theyr'e like "HEY! I'm gonna be really good now. For once. Like ever." For example: what TRAINER has a Charizard, Dragonite and Gyrados??? Really!? It's (it being fighting a Brain and losing) happened to me twice. Once in the Battle Pike and once today. Sigh. I'm so bad at the Battle Fronteir. I only have 2 silver symbols (Pyramid and Pike). The only other Brain I've ever fought was today against Spencer. UGH. I need help. Recommendations?????

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment