Thursday, August 5, 2010

Contest Victories

Finally! An article not about frustration! So basically Sullivan and I (after our Feebas adventures) decided hey, might as well make Umbreon a Contest pokemon because three of its moves were smart. Faint Attack (3 appeal, works well if used first), Confuse Ray (3 appeal, scrambles order), Screech (1 appeal, 3 jam, badly jams pokemon who have already appealed) and Double Edge (Tough move, 6 appeal, startled easier later...). So yeah. After overdosing on green Pokeblocks, I always got a crap load of first round appeal points :) so yeah. Then during contests I always breezed through everyone... until the Master Rank. My first Master Rank Smart Contest I lost barely to a Sableye... who had my exact moveset. Well it seemed like it because it knew both Faint Attack and Confuse Ray. Weeeeird. Anyways, I won my second by literally the SMALLEST margin of victory ever. I won by a speck. Like I couldn't have made it any closer it was that ridiculous. Goodness. I got really lucky too because my last appeal move was Faint Attack, I went first, and it got the crowd going. So basically I got 12 hearts for that. Hell yes. So yeah. VICTORY IS MINE! Only thing I'm still interested in regarding contests are move combos like Agility and Swift. Agility makes it so you move first the next round and Swift works better if you move first. They are both cool moves by the way. So yeah... VICTORY IS MINE!

Nick... who doesn't really have anything to post as a PS yet... OH!

PS: My Milotic is wonderful :P. It's level 51 right now and I already have it's final moveset done. Surf, Ice Beam, Recover and Attract. Can you say WONDERFULTASTICSAUCENESS!?

1 comment:

  1. ok so my Umbreon no longer has that moveset... it kinda has Faint Attack, Double Edge, Psychic (to kill fighting types) and Moonlight (just to irritate people and prolong battles even longer thanks to Leftovers). Milotic is slaying everything that isn't electric typed and life is good. I'm just about to fight Battle Dome Ace Tucker and hopefully I'ma win! I'm gonna take in Milotic (to beat all of his Pokemon), Umbreon (just to get to him, not for the actual fight), and my ever-trustworthy Swampert (just in case some fluke happens like 4 criticals kill Milotic and I have to win). Sound good? I think so. I'm still a fan of contests but really? Beating the Battle Fronteir takes priority :P now that i beat the Master Rank what more was there to do? nothing. thats right. yay Nick... and Umbreon :)

    ReplyDelete